Friday, April 3, 2015

Actress says it’s tough to succeed and find good roles upon return

Raj Kumar.G     6:46 PM     No comments

Yesteryear actress Madhoo has starred in three southern films since her comeback a couple of years ago. She says it’s tough to succeed and find good roles upon return, especially when boundaries are set.
“I still see myself as a heroine, who need not always be 18 or 20. When I say heroine, I’m referring to the main character in a movie. Why can’t a heroine be a middle-aged lady? The roles that easily come by are of the mother of the hero or heroine,” Madhoo said.
“It’s a huge battle in my mind if I want to take up such roles, but I’ve understood that there can be something nice about these roles too, and I need to look for them. I think it’s difficult to find good roles when you set boundaries and rules. Hence, I’ve duly avoided all that because I’m keen on continuing working and not remain too critical about the roles,” she said.
Since her comeback in films such as ‘Anthaku Mundu Aa Tharavatha’ and ‘Vaayai Moodi Pesavum’, Madhoo has mostly featured in a mother’s role.
“I’m sure none of my contemporaries or senior heroines like Sridevi, Madhuri, Juhi and Raveena want to play mother roles. But if the protagonist of the movie happens to be a mother, I don’t think any of us would have a problem with that,” said Madhoo.

,

0 comments :

Recommended

Like Us

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

About Site

Breaking entertainment news from Hollywood.com, plus what's new at the movies, TV news, celebrities, hot photos, and the latest movie clips and trailers.

Legal Stuff

FAQ's

Blogroll

Subscribe to Newsletter

We'll never share your Email address.
© 2015 Cine Clouds. Designed by Bloggertheme9. Powered by Blogger.